laws in plantation, florida

I live in Plantation Park and I had chickens. We loved them but were forced to rehome them. At the time (about 2 years ago) we had all females but a rooster from somewhere came around and decided to stay. That is what got us in trouble, because one of the neighbors couldn't sleep with the rooster crowing (understandable), but the hens were very quiet and made less noise than our neighbors dogs and the gallinules and other birds that live on our canal. I remember looking up the code that you sighted above and it sounds very familiar, however, roosters were mentioned specifically as a no-no. If you want to fight the issue, I'd be glad to join you. I know your post is very old, but I hope that you will find me somehow.
I have a freind who lives in Plantation who's dying to raise chickens, but he's convinced he can't because of the ordinance. He's called city hall and everything. If you all are looking to fight, he and I would be glad to join you. I'm down for opening up the area for chicken ownership. Should we start a petition or what?

I have a freind who lives in Plantation who's dying to raise chickens, but he's convinced he can't because of the ordinance. He's called city hall and everything. If you all are looking to fight, he and I would be glad to join you. I'm down for opening up the area for chicken ownership. Should we start a petition or what?
Absolutely

I live in plantation and have chickens and know of many others who do , but I am told it is not allowed. Can anyone confirm if it is allowed?

Back
Top Bottom