Keeping fawn and white colours

Babyshoes

Hatching
Apr 24, 2024
I have a fawn and white which is new in our country. What can I breed it with to up the chances of hatching more fawn and white babies ? I'm scared we lose the colour.

Currently I have blue, black, chocolate, silver, dusky and trout all in seperate camps.

I have only one fawn and white Indian runner though.

I have a fawn and white which is new in our country. What can I breed it with to up the chances of hatching more fawn and white babies ? I'm scared we lose the colour.

Currently I have blue, black, chocolate, silver, dusky and trout all in seperate camps.

I have only one fawn and white Indian runner though.
Good question, is your duck a boy or girl. Fawn and white Runners have the genes for dusky, Pied (runner pattern), sex-linked brown, and silver (2 blue alleles). Your current ducks have all of those genes except Pied. Good news, Pied is dominant. It results in the white patches on Fawn and whites as well as Anconas. So, you will be able to see which ducklings get the pied gene. I would probably start with the duskys.

I have two pied spotty babies so I know we close in our project. With our local babies that is.

My co breeder accidentally sold the duck by accident as a duckling so I am collecting it this weekend. Lucky she got the person she sold it to agree to a swap for two ducks. From the pictures I have there's a slight green tinge on the beak so I'm hoping it's a drake as that gives me more options.

Back
Top Bottom