is their anyway to get around having chickens in a zoned area

mycountrycabin

Songster
11 Years
Mar 29, 2008
rockingham,N.C.
i live about 3 miles from the city and i recieved a letter that basically says i have to get rid of my chickens because i live in zone R12 and i will receice a find if i dont get rid of them is their anyway to get around it???

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Idon't have chickens yet but I am dealing with a similar situation. I'm 7 miles outside of the city and my county has restrictions that do not allow farm animals on property under 70000 sq ft. Fortunately for me, several of the forum members took a look at my county code and Karlachix found a loophole that makes exception for 4H projects. Needless to say, I am applying to become a 4H leader.

Maybe you can tell the forum what county you live in so that others can take a look at your code too?

I never knew that county codes were so restrictive! We moved to the county for more freedom and then found out that if we lived in our city that we could have all the chickens we want no matter how small our lot was. Rediculous!

Good luck with your chickens!

I tried to find your county zoning laws online but came up empty. Maybe someone else will have more luck locating them if they are posted online and give them a look. Good Luck!

Back
Top Bottom