Introduction

SMag

Hatching
11 Years
Dec 27, 2008
Not sure if Im doing this right. Hi! New Member Here. Im going to be adding a small flock to our homestead next spring. We've decided on Orpingtons. So Im here to learn. I live in east central Pennsylvania with my two big dogs (a Leonberger and a Pyrenees), two small boys, and a large husband. We have 18 acres.
I hope to get lots of information, but not too much! Baby steps for me,,,
Sue in PA
wink.png

Welcome!! you have certainly come to the right place to find out all there is about chickens!! We started our flock 9 months ago and I've learned so much from the wonderful people on this site!!

- - Susan

p.s. No question is too dumb so ask away, I did!!
smile.png

Welcome!
But be careful...there are some "enablers" here. You say you want a few orps...then they show you prety pictures...then they tell you how to make your own incubator...the next thing you know you're at a party with your family for Christmas explaining in detail how to tell a fertalized egg from unfertalized...and telling them you can't come to the New Year's eve party because you're due to hatch that day. And you quit packing lunches for your kids because you have to make warm oatmeal and fresh yogurt for the chickens.
Just make sure the coop is twice as large as you think it shoud be and it will all be o'kay.
wink.png

yes oh and then dont forget that you will be spending ALL your time here on BYC..

then they talk about milking their own goats.. making their own soap.. ducks, sheep, peacocks..

the list goes on and on..

Good luck. and say bye to life as you knew it LOL
welcome-byc.gif

HEY ! Welcome to Backyard Chickens ! You have picked the right site to get alot of Information about Chickens !! Oh By the way....once you get chickens theres no turning back !!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom