Idaho Falls, ID Area

Welcome to BYC!

This is the Idaho State thread.

Local Chicken Laws and Ordinances is usually used by people who either can't find their ordinances, can't makes heads nor tails of their ordinances, would like the various "Right to Farm" Acts to apply to their prohibited backyard flocks, would like to label their birds "therapy chicken" to overcome zoning, or are looking for model legislation as part of an effort to change their local ordinances.

So you were mostly close. This is another model legislation thread with some additional links - and of course you can look to the city's own code for further examples.

Oh, and this can be used to view property records to access the tax rolls.

Welcome to BYC!

This is the Idaho State thread.

Local Chicken Laws and Ordinances is usually used by people who either can't find their ordinances, can't makes heads nor tails of their ordinances, would like the various "Right to Farm" Acts to apply to their prohibited backyard flocks, would like to label their birds "therapy chicken" to overcome zoning, or are looking for model legislation as part of an effort to change their local ordinances.

So you were mostly close. This is another model legislation thread with some additional links - and of course you can look to the city's own code for further examples.

Oh, and this can be used to view property records to access the tax rolls.
Thank you. I admit I didn't get further than finding my house on the tax map. I'll have to explore further. If this ordinance is restrictive, I definitely want to change it. I'll look over/post on the state page. Thank you for this information. I just can't believe this is happening because it was my literal ONLY requirement. I'd love to buy land but it's out of my reach with $. I'm just a humble person trying to take care of my family. I'm saddened I'm in this position.

and I don't know what your agent got paid for either - if they can't do what a guy on a cell phone in another state did in 5 minutes, they aren't worth much.
Seriously. Sadly, she was trying to make a sale. She knew I'd pass because of the ordinance. So, I wasn't told. That's my take on it. I really thought I knew the law. 😢

I think you need to contact the City Hall first. They have to provide you with all the requirements. After that, you will have to remodel your house a bit. However, there is a lot of paperwork waiting for you. I have been working in the real estate business for 10 years. I sometimes have to implement swap investment properties for defense. Btw, I also had to refit the building last year. But, it was city property. Therefore, I beat the thresholds of the administration to make a small reconstruction.

Back
Top Bottom