I got my ducklings.

Cheri

Songster
12 Years
May 6, 2007
Dayton, TX
Only 2 survived. Oh well, I can get her to order more later. They are so cute but I am putting them in the dog pen and putting them with the girls so they will be warm.

We had 5 hatch out of 12 and are three weeks old on sat. they were put outside after a two week and are doing fine now.
They grow so much faster then Chickens and love to get wet and swim.
We feed them the Chicken start food. and the wfe gives them lettuce and they love it.

My ducklings are doing great. They are almost 3 weeks old. Momma duck hatched them all by herself I was so proud. Here are a few pics I took yesterday inbetween the rain!!
HPIM0499.jpg

HPIM0497.jpg
HPIM0496.jpg
HPIM0495.jpg

It's been so rainy here that the mud is unbelievable in their little pen so I had my 13 year old go pull up some weeds and put in with them. They are using it like a little island. I bought them a kiddy pool and haven't had a chance to even give it to them yet. With all the rain they can swim in their run!

Aw. I took some cute pics with my daughter and the babies. They perched in her hair. I may submit them for pic of the week. LOL! They like her better than me!

I got two female mallards. I have 1 mallard drake, 1 pekin drake and one I have no clue what he is.

Ducks are addictive! We have 15 ducks and a pond my husband build with a filtration system.

I want more, but our pond can't sustain any more. Our family goes around quacking to each other. Ducks are so much fun! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom