Household cat attacked a pigeon Open Neck Wound

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
2 days ago my neighbour's cat attacked on a domestic pigeon somehow my mother notice and we rushed upstairs luckily we get the pigeon out from her mouth

But there's an injury above side of inbetween his neck and wind area .
I cleaned his wound with warm water & Betadine solution , colloidal silver solution & applied Betadine ointment.
Yesterday gave him electrolytes in water he's drinking but not eating
It's been 48h he's looking good his eyes are clear pooping
Want to ask if we can give him oral medicine like sulfa drugs or doxycycline to heal his wound ?

I asked the Cat Owner she said thier cat had all his injections and vaccination

Any ointment if anyone suggest
@casportpony @azygous @Eggcessive

Attachments

• IMG20221121113142.jpg
    IMG20221121113142.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 30
Oh, no! But I'm happy the pigeon didn't get killed. Yes, of course, give it an antibiotic adjusted for its size.

Do you have amoxicillin or cephalexin or potentiated sulfonamide ?

Oh, no! But I'm happy the pigeon didn't get killed. Yes, of course, give it an antibiotic adjusted for its size.

Do you have amoxicillin or cephalexin or potentiated sulfonamide ?
That's the main reason I'm happy that he's not majorly injured just a small portion she caught that is inbetween his neck and shoulders
Yes I have sulfa and Amoxicillin both available

Unfortunately that injured baby Pigeon passed away hour ago in my hands 😭😭😭😭 idk he was alive i was cleaning his wound his wound was getting dryer but somehow today he developed Edema around eyes , face and head since morning i notice this
His eyelids were swelling and he was puffing his body by evening with laboured breathing and when I hold him he started panting and passes away I'm very sad and literally hating cats :(

Back
Top Bottom