HELP Possible Cocci?

HowellChicken123

Hatching
Jan 25, 2024
We have recently lost a chicken to whatever this disease is and are possibly about to lose one more. Chicken is eating a ton but not gaining weight. All signs point to coccidiosis but Corid and Sulfa have not done the trick. Any advice or suggestions as a last ditch effort to save our old girl. She has lately been having poops like the one below which I believe is grass?

IMG_5302.jpeg

Another poop from her. Is this works? I don’t see any of the egg she ate last night in her poops.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 5
How old is the chicken? Does she lay eggs? Does she have poultry grit to help digest her food? I don’t see any worms in the pictures, but worm eggs can only be seen through a microscope. Your vet might be agreeable to running a fecal float test to look for worms and coccidiosis. Or you can treat for worms with Valbazen or SafeGuard liquid goat wormer.

How old is the chicken? Does she lay eggs? Does she have poultry grit to help digest her food? I don’t see any worms in the pictures, but worm eggs can only be seen through a microscope. Your vet might be agreeable to running a fecal float test to look for worms and coccidiosis. Or you can treat for worms with Valbazen or SafeGuard liquid goat wormer.
Thank you for the reply, she is a 2 year old laying hen (has stopped laying due to the illness). She has been in a pen the past few days so will give her grit to hopefully digest. We lost a 9 month old Easter egger 2 days ago, we are waiting on necropsy results from her. Lost 2 hens in a similar fashion before the winter.

Back
Top Bottom