Feedback for our ancona please 💗

ChookFam

In the Brooder
Aug 31, 2022
Hi!

We have a mixed flock and have recently started doing a little bit of chicken showing.

My young child has an ancona which they are smitten with and win first place in juniors with it today but I have a feeling it was the only one in the category 🤫

I wonder if someone may give us some feedback on her in regards to SOP? She is our only ancona and my chicken showing circle is quite limited so I don't have any ancona connections yet 😅

I'm confused about her colouring, she isn't really a red or black, but I haven't come across other colourations for anconas via google? I have wondered if she is pure or not or maybe there's something like maran in there giving her that neck colour? 🤔 🤷

Amy feedback would be truly appreciated so we can continue our learning.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20220924_132651.jpg
    20220924_132651.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 17
I never saw this mention. I see you are Australian, our Anconas are very different, plus the username.
She looks like a cross between a red Ancona and a black Ancona, so while she has nice type and really good mottling, she isn’t good quality.

 Thankyou for your feedback I appreciate it. I had wondered if she could be a red x black as well. She is our only one and won't be bred with, just a pet, but my daughter enjoyed winning the junior class with her 🤣 don't tell her she was the only entrant 🤭

Back
Top Bottom