Dad loved his birds.

lagrange chicks

Songster
Jul 27, 2023
Wisconsin
He raised swans ,geese ,ducks, pheasants, chickens and quail, my mom would say he spent more money on his birds than his family. His chickens of choice were jungle fowl. His passion was raising Trumpeter Swans and was a big part of them being re-introduced back in the wild, many states would purchase them from him. Dads been gone over 20 years now and I wish he was still around to answer ? I ask here. Thanks for answering my ? BYC. Here is a pic of dad with one of his Trumpeter Swans.

Attachments

• 20230728_160606 (1).jpg
    20230728_160606 (1).jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 44
Nice memories. How great that your Dad helped reintroduce the swans. I saw my first wild trumpeter swans on my honeymoon in the Grand Tetons, many years ago. Maybe they were some of your dad's. I sure could have used my carpenter father's advice building my coop and run. I wish I had paid more attention when I was young.

I just saw this lovely tribute to your father. We always had chickens at home when I was growing up but I only got my own a few months before my dad passed. I know how it feels to want to be able to ask questions after it's too late.

I live a couple of miles away from a pond where trumpeters were re-introduced years ago. Maybe your dad had a hand in that?

I just saw this lovely tribute to your father. We always had chickens at home when I was growing up but I only got my own a few months before my dad passed. I know how it feels to want to be able to ask questions after it's too late.

I live a couple of miles away from a pond where trumpeters were re-introduced years ago. Maybe your dad had a hand in that?
Thanks. Thinking back the last Swans went to Iowa, his breeding pairs. I had to help catch them with some men from Iowa, Dads cancer was pretty bad at that time and he was unable to help.

Back
Top Bottom