chickenstock in La?

Hi, Wendy,
Looks like there isn't CHICKENSTOCK la LOUISIANE...but we could start one!
wee.gif

Anyone else interested in helping start a chickenstock?

If so, email me at [email protected].

Let's see what we can do!

By the way, has anyone ever BEEN to a chickenstock? What exactly is it???

HAHHAAHHA

Cindy

So are we going to have a ChickenStock or what?! Our neighbors to the North are planning one for October 6, 2007. It should be at least below 100 degrees by then. (It's also my B-day and my daughters -we will be 40 and 21 on the same day. Supposed milestones in life -HA!) Anyway, I doubt my daughter will attend since I am sending her on a skydiving trip (her wishes I asure you), but we could all meet up. There are many nice state parks or if you don't mind driving a bit farther South we could get together here.

Quote:
hi mourninglory, you are in south louisiana? i haven't been on here lately or even the computer for that matter. i have had alot going on at home, everyone is keeping me busy!
i live in central louisiana. i want to go to the chicken festival in debach, la. in sept. we just bought some more chickens too, five red star sex links.

Just checked out the Chicken Festival in Dubach. From the list of activities there seems to be some interesting things like a chicken leg eatting contest, dancing, lawn mower races, and a crowing contest (that should be hilarious). No mention of live birds.
I mapquested it and for us it would be 5 hours each way. Have you been to one yet?

This is my first post. A little off topic.I live in St Charles parish and travel to Lafayette once a month. I all ways see chickens running loose in the city. These chickens look more like game or jungle chickens to me.(must be fighting chicken stock) I always called them creole chickens. Can I get some of these chickens from a chickenstock? I am tempted to catch those running in the street. I know that the police over there shoot them when someone complains about them. That is crazy to me.

Hi pg55,
With the recent phase-out of fighting chickens in Louisiana, maybe that is where these birds are coming from. I guess some breeders may just start dumping birds. You could knock on a few doors and if they no one admits to owning them go ahead and pick up a few. The hens will lay eggs even without a rooster. If you think you want chicks at some point grab a roo or two, but be prepared to seperate them. Most roosters will fight for breeding rights, no matter the breed, especially if kept confined.

Back
Top Bottom