Chick started limping

KyleC

Hatching
Apr 22, 2024
One of my 3 week old black sex links started limping. Not sure what happened? She was fine one day then the next just doesn’t want to put weight on one leg. She eats, drinks preens and chirps but mainly just lays down. I isolated her from the other chicks by putting up a 1/4” mesh wire so she could still see the others. She was constantly being disturbed by the others. Will she heal ? Should I put her out of misery?

She might have been injured from being stepped on, trampled, or she might have something else going on. Is there any redness or a small cut or sore on the foot pad or the leg? Is the leg or foot swollen or discolored? Does one foot or leg point inward or outward? I would let her run around with the others for a few minutes a couple of times a day, just to stay a part of the group. Hopefully, she will get over this soon. Let us know how she is doing.

I’ve examined her and don’t see any abnormality. Her foot stays straight when she walks just has to do a little hop when she walks. Her foot/leg quivers a little when she is letting it down to the ground.

Back
Top Bottom