chick pricing?

SimoneG

Songster
Sep 25, 2017
North Dakota
Hi, We have a local swap coming up and I'm debating on check prices for the ones I sell. Usually of the farm I sell my silkies for $10 each and my Salmon Favorelles for $10 each. Some of them will be 10days old and others will be closer to 3 days old. Just wondering if the younger ones should be priced at. (I usually sell them between 5 days and 2 weeks old) I'm located in North Dakota. They are breeder and show quality silkies and the salmons are breeder quality.
Thanks for any input!

They are breeder and show quality silkies and the salmons are breeder quality.
No such thing as sell or show quality CHICKS.. even from the very best of parent stock..

Your price seem pretty good to me.. AS IS with no over thinking required. :thumbsup

If you wan't more than that.. consider getting NPIP certified,, but MOST chicks can not be sexed at that age by average breeders..

Hatchery quality chicks lay just as many eggs and come sexed for $5 ish all day every day.

Just my opinion.. My local farm store wants them for the same price as hatchery.

Happy hatching! :jumpy

Thank you for the input! I did actually just get certified to be a NPIP testing agent however my testing serum won't be here in time for me to get everyone tested and have them come out to do the AI swabs. So for this swap I'm still just a regular farm. lol.
My biggest problem is that I want to keep the more interesting colored silkie chicks for myself to see what they will be. lol.,

Back
Top Bottom