Any way to get 2 roosters to get along?

The Birb King

Bird is the word
Dec 10, 2022
Earth
I currently have 2 Serama roosters. Tiny Tom is a little over a year old now and is the dominant rooster. His son Skippy is about 7 months old now and they live together in a large dog kennel coop with 6 hens currently. They are both very nice and polite to me and the hens, but every day Tiny Tom will constantly chase and attack Skippy for no reason. If Skippy gets within like 3 feet of him or tries to mate with the hens he just gets chased and tormented constantly. Is there any way to stop this? It is not a good life for Skippy and I don't really have a place to seperate them. I really don't want to get rid of either of them but if this continues I'll probably have to get rid of one.

Tiny Tom will constantly chase and attack Skippy for no reason.
There is a reason: there are hens. Tiny Tom has been, and is, the dominant male. Those are HIS hens and he has no intention of sharing them with another male, even if that male is his son. If you had more hens, and could separate them, preferably out of sight of each other, there would be peace. But this is not going to end well for Skippy if the situation does not change. I had a similar situation, with about 25 hens. I thought there were enough for both roosters. Sadly, I came outside one morning to find my junior rooster lying bloodied and dead. And I really liked him, too!

There is a reason: there are hens. Tiny Tom has been, and is, the dominant male. Those are HIS hens and he has no intention of sharing them with another male, even if that male is his son. If you had more hens, and could separate them, preferably out of sight of each other, there would be peace. But this is not going to end well for Skippy if the situation does not change. I had a similar situation, with about 25 hens. I thought there were enough for both roosters. Sadly, I came outside one morning to find my junior rooster lying bloodied and dead. And I really liked him, too!
Yea that's kinda what I thought. If I have to get rid of one it will probably be Tiny Tom. Skippy is prettier and nicer so I think I'd rather keep him.

Back
Top Bottom