Any other beaglers in the BYC?

I ont have any Beagles but I love Hounds, especially mixed breed hounds. I currently have a 2yr old Bloodhound/Lab mix and he is great! He has the Bay of the Bloodhound, as well as the nose, but has the size and Energy of a Lab. To me he is the Perfect hound!
smile.png

100_5328.jpg

100_8667.jpg

For some reason beagles hate me! I used to work at a couple dog kennels and I swear every beagle had something against me! Some of them were sweet but man 3 bites from three different dogs and they were all beagles. I absolutely love dogs and currently have three, a lab, a boxer and a chihuahua/jack russel mix who thinks he's a pitbull (in my avatar). The other breeds have nothing against me, I'm not really sure how I offended the others
lol.png

BTW, your dog is a beauty!

Critter Crazy - What a handsome boy! He's very proud of himself, I can see.
wink.png

Many years ago I owned a hound and shepherd cross that was just the best dog anyone could ask for. She had the best qualities of both and the bad qualities of neither. Not only that, but every spring when the baby chicks arrived, she would mother them better than any hen.
Currently I have an old beagle crossed with some other type of hound (anyone's guess...). She's unusually colored - she's white with golden - someone said that color is called lemon in beagles. Anyway, I brought her home from the shelter two years ago and she has been no end of expense and trouble!
roll.png
Luckily for her she has an endearing personality!
First, a mere two months after I got her, she collapsed out of the blue in the middle of a tremendous thunderstorm. My vet was out on a farm call, and the power had gone out all over the valley, so her assistant was trying to examine my practically comatose dog by flashlight. I ended up taking her to the emergency clinic that is over 50 miles away, where they found a tumour the size of a grapefruit on her spleen, which had just ruptured. The prognosis was very poor due to her age, but she came through with flying colors!
Sadly, last September she was diagnosed with bladder cancer, which is not curable. She had an initial surgery to scrape the wall of her bladder, and now she is on medication to slow the cancer's growth. Despite it all, my little trooper just keeps happily going about her life. The initial prognosis for dogs with this diagnosis is as short as a week to as long as two years - obviously we are hoping for the latter!

Back
Top Bottom