What to do about bleeding chickens?

lovinmychickens

Chirping
12 Years
Mar 31, 2007
Help me again please, my new chickens got bullied by my older ones and have tried to escape under the fence, in doing this, they have rub or scuffed the sides of their heads by their ears and have taken all of the feathers out and rubbed off their skin too. This happened to two of them and they were bleeding pretty good and it looks really sore now, is there any medicine or something I should put on these wounds. Thanks so much for your help!

You can use an antibiotic ointment on the wounds if there not deep. I would try to clean them out first if you can. I would also recommed seperating the 2 that got hurt together. Place your other young ones together away from the older ones and away from the 2 that got injured if you can, it would probably only happen again untill the older ones get used to the younger ones. Good Luck!

Thanks so much for your reply, I will try the ointment, as far as the seperstion, we have already went and built my new one a whole new coop, because I just can't bare to see them get get hurt.

Back
Top Bottom