The adventure begins

Pics
Working on more pens! It's hard with no help. Started looking for someone that can build coops or pens in my area. I'm just not that good at building. 🫤

Anyway I have alot of eggs in the incubator and more on the way. When the Ameraucana eggs and last batch of blue columbian get here I'll be done with outside eggs. At lest I think I will be.

The Spitzhauben and Phoenix are not going to kept pure. They are going to be used in the projects they where purchased for. The Spitzhauben for crested EE and the Phoenix for long tailed EE. I just don't have the room otherwise. 😔

I will be keeping a pure line of Ameraucana and Rosecombs.

All the brassyback blue rosecomb eggs are in the 56ex. Had to move five of the dark brahma over to the new incubator. They where extras so they are going to be a test for the new incubator.

One of the Crevecoeur eggs has the air cell on the side but otherwise is doing OK. Those eggs have gone into lockdown down in the NR360 and should hatch this weekend.

Humidity is up today so all the incubators are running higher than normal even tho the vents are open fully.

Lockdown batch!
1000005780.jpg

Second and third eBay batch.
1000005781.jpg

The extra dark brahma eggs that came with the Blue columbian brahma eggs.
1000005782.jpg

I've had a very bad week. The spring coon population seams to be booming so much that they have resorted to turning my yard into their personal KFC.

I have lost more birds in this last week to coons than I have in three years. I think it's eight total. Dispatched one coon yesterday but there are more. I spent from ten AM till 1 AM securing the pen they got into. The breaking in wasn't much they opened the door.

I feal so bad that I didn't have the door more secure than I did. It is now! It's also encased in hardware cloth. No loses last night.

I'm nor done tho. I'll be adding hot wire and something to monoter the pens.

Eventually I'm going to contract someone to build out better pens in place of what I have. Hopefully getting the yard built up and leveled better this year before I get the pens built.

Lost Dusty in the coon massacre along with 2 Chamois Spitzhauben hens, 1 gold spangled Spitzhauben hen, 1 silver Phoenix hen, the only silver Phoenix rooster I had, 1 silver Sebrite hen and one gold Sebrite hen.

I am hatching a bunch of chicks out right now. We have ten or so in Dusty's pen and I have all eggs I picked up from the pen in the incubator. I hope I can get his replacement from them. If not I've got a dozen blue golden duckwing OEGB eggs on the way. The Ameraucana eggs I ordered came in yesterday 5/11. Will be setting those this evening as the blue brassyback rosecombs go into lockdown.

I'm so frustrated and upset with myself for what happened because I could have prevented it. So stressed out I've given myself a migraine that I had to work through to the pen shored up. It will get better but it sets my project back and I lost a really go rooster. He was good not just because he was pretty but he was well behaved and we where staring to form a pretty good relationship where I could get him to follow me around and bring his flock with him.

Sad Rain GIF by WE tv

Back
Top Bottom