Please help chicken not eating hard food

TwoLittleDuccleChicks

In the Brooder
Premium Feather Member
Mar 8, 2024
Hi everyone,

My hen is about 14 weeks old. I have been noticing she has watery poops for a few days now but it has been hot where I live and this has happened before from that. Poop looks relatively normal tho, no blood or worms. Just sometimes watery.

Anyway I was sitting with her cause I noticed her crop was low and thought she needed a snack. I saw that she tried to pick up the food but it keeps falling out of her mouth. I tried a few times and then got worried.

I mixed some polenta, bran and water to make a porridge and she gobbled it up so quickly once I think she realised she could eat it.

She’s acting normal aside from the fact that she stays and drinks water for longer than my others.

Any tips/comments etc to help calm my anxiousness? Her beak seems fine as well, maybe her bottom one is a bit longer than it should be keeping her beak a little far apart but it seems healthy and I had a look in her throat and beak and looked all good.

She does make quite a “honking”noise instead of a cheep or a cluck but cause she’s in her teen years I just thought she was getting her voice.

Thanks so much

She’s my beauty!

Attachments

• IMG_8282.jpeg
    IMG_8282.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8284.jpeg
    IMG_8284.jpeg
    715.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8286.jpeg
    IMG_8286.jpeg
    673.9 KB · Views: 4