Pearl Guinea?

Okay, so I have a Lavender?

I still need to get the pics of the other guineas. They were feed buys. My hubby got them 5 for $20. I'm just pleased to see a couple of them come out so pretty.

So Lavender is rare? Not that it really matters, lol. I'm just surprised to have such pretty birds from a junky old feed store.
smile.png

Jess

Yes, I agree as well. Now, I've looked at the other pictures and still have no idea what colors 3 of the others are. I have another, smaller keet that is also a lavendar. I will try to get some pics of the others up.

Thanks-
Jess

Hi! I'm brand new to this - this is my very first post. I bought guinea eggs on Ebay - two different sellers - and they started hatching last Friday. I had 27 eggs, but the first batch of 12 eggs only yielded two keets (they were not very well packaged). The second bunch of eggs, 18, yielded 17 keets!

So, I have 19 keets, all less than one week old. They are the cutest things evah! I built a couple of brooders for them - they are in the laundry room with heat lamps - but this weekend, I want to build them some kind of coop for them to live in until they are old enough to free range during the day.

I got so many because we have 77 acres that we just bought - full of ticks and chiggars and rattlesnakes - and the guineas are part of my pest eradication program!

I have several different colors. The keets all appear to have bonded with me - as soon as I walk into the room and talk to them, they all start making sweet little guinea sounds, and none of them run away when I go to pick them up.

Anyway - to my question - Does anyone have a suggestion for a coop for guineas?

Hi! I'm brand new to this - this is my very first post. I bought guinea eggs on Ebay - two different sellers - and they started hatching last Friday. I had 27 eggs, but the first batch of 12 eggs only yielded two keets (they were not very well packaged). The second bunch of eggs, 18, yielded 17 keets!

So, I have 19 keets, all less than one week old. They are the cutest things evah! I built a couple of brooders for them - they are in the laundry room with heat lamps - but this weekend, I want to build them some kind of coop for them to live in until they are old enough to free range during the day.

I got so many because we have 77 acres that we just bought - full of ticks and chiggars and rattlesnakes - and the guineas are part of my pest eradication program!

I have several different colors. The keets all appear to have bonded with me - as soon as I walk into the room and talk to them, they all start making sweet little guinea sounds, and none of them run away when I go to pick them up.

Anyway - to my question - Does anyone have a suggestion for a coop for 19 keets?

smile.png

I'm soooo addicted to guineas! I love that site! My girls were awesome this morning at sounding the predator alarm! I'm also sad I don't have more guineas!!!

Back
Top Bottom