Kamori Goats and importing from Pakistan.....HELP!

I have been researching this breed and am currently talking to a few different suppliers in Pakistan to bring Kamori goats into the country..... I've been trying to research about importing livestock into the USA from Pakistan and honestly can't find much on the issue.....does anybody on here know anything about import laws/veterinary fees/quarantine charges? I really really want to start a foundation herd here in the desert where I live! Any help/information would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

I too have wanted to do this and have done a little research.Since my main goal was crossbreeding anyway definitely frozen sperm way to get started and almost only reasonable way to get started anyway.Still would be expensive BUT did converse with Boer importers and got some encouragement.Also wondered about getting one of the larger universities interested, would be very interesting project for one of them to take on.Genetics research etc...I would think some of the meat goat breeders might be interested in forming funding group.Can you imagine this frame with Boer-Sanaan cross?Since you started this thread have you made any more progress?

I have been looking into getting a Kamari goat in the US and was wondering if there was any updates. It has been a year since the last post and thought maybe someone had success.

I just moved to California and I am really interested to raise and breed Pakistani goats here in USA . What is the process to import goat from Pakistan?

I have been researching this breed and am currently talking to a few different suppliers in Pakistan to bring Kamori goats into the country..... I've been trying to research about importing livestock into the USA from Pakistan and honestly can't find much on the issue.....does anybody on here know anything about import laws/veterinary fees/quarantine charges? I really really want to start a foundation herd here in the desert where I live! Any help/information would be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

I just moved to California and I am really interested to raise and breed Pakistani goats here in USA . What is the process to import goat from Pakistan?
Over the years I have understood that most Live Livestock is usually imported through Panama. I am not aware that they need to go to Canada. I am certainly not an expert on the subject but if you contact a livestock Importer in Panama I think You will be on your way. The main concern that I am aware of is Hoof and Mouth Disease which is common still in 3rd world countries. So I agree with the the poster who mentioned semen and /or embryos. This is a matter of carrying a small container of Liquid Nitrogen. I know this is still going on. This would be much less costly and also more efficient. You would have nearly Purebreds in four Generations and they would only gain quality from the outcrosses with some of our good American stock, in addition of course to the Hybrid Vigor advantage. I will try to keep an eye on this thread and I wish you much luck !

Breeders in Dubai have imported kamori goats from Pakistan. Kamori goats are available in Dubai and you could import them from Dubai as there is no import ban from there. If you are interested in beautiful Pakistani breeds also check out the "makhi cheeni" and "naachi - the dancing goats.

Back
Top Bottom