Is there a reason you weren’t riding? Sorry if I missed something!
Trying to heal my horse from chronic founder. Had to undo 5 years of neglect (By someone else, I got him pretty recently) before I could ride. He looked normal but was actually lame on all 4 feet. We started in May of last year and until December worked to get weight off and get him in stable condition for the time being. In December, my farrier wasn't sure if he would ever even be comfortable, much less rideable, and I considered putting him down but decided to give it until February. Fast forward to February, farrier is back and she says he's grown a LOT of healthy hoof and sole. He's actually recovering, at an insane rate. She'd never seen a horse that bad off before him and was completely astonished that he was rebounding. On last check, he's cleared for light riding in June. He looks better now than he has, well, ever!
4893.jpg
I'm easing into it slowly, and he's never going to be 100%, but he'll probably eventually be cleared for mid level riding, which is all I wanted. He's got the loveliest personality, sweet, loyal, great with kids, (a bit of a coward with other horses though) he's everything I wanted. And beautiful to boot!

Trying to heal my horse from chronic founder. Had to undo 5 years of neglect (By someone else, I got him pretty recently) before I could ride. He looked normal but was actually lame on all 4 feet. We started in May of last year and until December worked to get weight off and get him in stable condition for the time being. In December, my farrier wasn't sure if he would ever even be comfortable, much less rideable, and I considered putting him down but decided to give it until February. Fast forward to February, farrier is back and she says he's grown a LOT of healthy hoof and sole. He's actually recovering, at an insane rate. She'd never seen a horse that bad off before him and was completely astonished that he was rebounding. On last check, he's cleared for light riding in June. He looks better now than he has, well, ever! View attachment 3840350I'm easing into it slowly, and he's never going to be 100%, but he'll probably eventually be cleared for mid level riding, which is all I wanted. He's got the loveliest personality, sweet, loyal, great with kids, (a bit of a coward with other horses though) he's everything I wanted. And beautiful to boot!
Awesome!!!!!!

Trying to heal my horse from chronic founder. Had to undo 5 years of neglect (By someone else, I got him pretty recently) before I could ride. He looked normal but was actually lame on all 4 feet. We started in May of last year and until December worked to get weight off and get him in stable condition for the time being. In December, my farrier wasn't sure if he would ever even be comfortable, much less rideable, and I considered putting him down but decided to give it until February. Fast forward to February, farrier is back and she says he's grown a LOT of healthy hoof and sole. He's actually recovering, at an insane rate. She'd never seen a horse that bad off before him and was completely astonished that he was rebounding. On last check, he's cleared for light riding in June. He looks better now than he has, well, ever! View attachment 3840350I'm easing into it slowly, and he's never going to be 100%, but he'll probably eventually be cleared for mid level riding, which is all I wanted. He's got the loveliest personality, sweet, loyal, great with kids, (a bit of a coward with other horses though) he's everything I wanted. And beautiful to boot!
Awww! I’m glad you decided to wait a little! He’s really really handsome! I love his mane!

Back
Top Bottom