Help! my Ducks legs are paralyzed!

Layke

Songster
6 Years
Oct 1, 2017
Arizona
One of my female runners legs became paralyzed. All she could do is float in the pond. She couldn't paddle around. Today, one of the legs is able to paddle. Our mini farm is fenced with a brick wall. Sometimes feral cats and other critters make their way in but she doesn't show signs of having been attacked. The ducks rarely venture too far away from the pond. Because she was found floating in the pond, I can only assume it happened while in the pond because how else would she have made it back into the pond. The only thing in the pond is turtles and fish. Although we have seen a king snake on occasion. Has anyone ever heard of this before and do you have any ideas what could be causing this and what can we do to help the duck regain use of the other leg?

We do have turtles in the pond. I had this happen to one of my chickens previously. We thought it might be feral cats. My neighbor is breeding them and they come over and get into the chicken feed. We've tried everything to keep them out. The county won't do anything about it.

Back
Top Bottom