Feeding Wild Birds

Was relaxing on the porch at the club when I heard an odd clucking sound. Turned my head and saw a hen turkey half way across the porch. She caught the movement, stopped and stared, and then turned and very slowly walked across the parking area. She likely has a nest somewhere close to the clubhouse.

I'm so unitary and angry this morning. I lost pretty much all of my feeders last night. We had a bear come and destroy them all. My huge, 48" finch tube was broken in to 3 pieces, my big metal one that holds BOSS and 4 suet cakes was ripped apart, twisted and found scattered from where it was hung to 50' in to the woods. My hummingbird feeder was punctured and my other tube feeder was shattered. I had another small finch feeder in the garage that I put out this morning and a small hopper feeder that's half broken that survived since it was empty so I filled it up. So the birds at least have something to eat out there this morning but they're not ideal. The grosbeaks can barely hang on to the feeder since it's so small. They'll have to do until I can get new ones.... again. I guess I'll be pulling them in every night now.

I'm so unitary and angry this morning. I lost pretty much all of my feeders last night. We had a bear come and destroy them all. My huge, 48" finch tube was broken in to 3 pieces, my big metal one that holds BOSS and 4 suet cakes was ripped apart, twisted and found scattered from where it was hung to 50' in to the woods. My hummingbird feeder was punctured and my other tube feeder was shattered. I had another small finch feeder in the garage that I put out this morning and a small hopper feeder that's half broken that survived since it was empty so I filled it up. So the birds at least have something to eat out there this morning but they're not ideal. The grosbeaks can barely hang on to the feeder since it's so small. They'll have to do until I can get new ones.... again. I guess I'll be pulling them in every night now.
It's spring bear season here.

Bears here too, we have to take feeders in every night. I take the garden wagon and put the feeders into it and take them to the garage.
We were putting the feeders in a container on the deck, big rubbermaid thing for the deck furniture cushions... one day last week a bear drug the whole thing off the deck onto the ground :barnie

IMG_3442.jpeg
Not a bird but… 😍 the Dutchess apple tree is in full bloom
IMG_3442.jpeg

It was a very lucky shot! I'm not a photographer like R2elk, the sun was shining on the phone so I couldn't see what would be in the picture, I just snapped the pic hoping it was one of the bees. Voila :love

I suspended mine too high off the ground for the bears to get. Works well.

Back
Top Bottom