Bielfelder Door Size

TaylorGlade

Over egg-sposed
Premium Feather Member
Jul 29, 2023
Florida Panhandle
We've got a Run Chicken auto door (Model E50) that's been performing great, so we snagged another for the second coop we're tinkering with. Considering adding Bielfelders to our crew; they can get sizable.

Quick question: is our 10” x 8” door size good for this breed? Appreciate the info!

So I looked into this because we've been interested in Bielefelders as well! The autodoor I use is 9.5x14 (Omlet brand), and I'm seeing several Bielefelder owners. 8x10 could potentially be tight in comparison... but it depends if the birds are mostly feathers or meat? Interested in what others have to say!

David reached out to Run-Chicken who quickly replied:

"Hello David

Thank you for reaching out.

Yes, the E50 Run-Chicken door should accommodate a Bielefelder rooster.

The E50 door is designed to accommodate a variety of poultry sizes, including larger birds like Bielefelder roosters.

Looking forward to hearing from you and wishing you a nice day!

Rebeka Šajn

Agent of Care (Customer Support)"

Taylor Glade, please report back as I now have a Brahma rooster and I'm not sure he would fit that size of door. Thanks:)
I'm not sure how much bigger brahmas are than bielefelders, but run chicken said that it would work for that breed. David posted the response above.

I have two bielefielder and they fit fine through our RunChicken T50 door. Have had larger chickens like Brahma and our old roosters that were even bigger, all fit fine too.

Sometimes we get two chickens trying to use the door simultaneously - yesterday one of the bielefielder was trying to squeeze past a crested cream legbar who was going too slow apparently 😂
IMG_8501.jpeg

I have two bielefielder and they fit fine through our RunChicken T50 door. Have had larger chickens like Brahma and our old roosters that were even bigger, all fit fine too.

Sometimes we get two chickens trying to use the door simultaneously - yesterday one of the bielefielder was trying to squeeze past a crested cream legbar who was going too slow apparently 😂
View attachment 3660246
Thanks so much for the feedback. It is helpful

Back
Top Bottom