BDutch's bantam flock & natural breeding projects #5 🪺 🪺 and #6

Pics
she has kept her girlish figure!
She still laid a few eggs this spring. So maybe next year if she really stopped laying …

Thank you all for the congrats. I gave Ini mini lots of extra treats today. Banana and organic bread with seeds bc it fell on the ground and Ini mini was the first one around. A few tiny pieces crust of a local farmers cheese, and a strawberry.

Yesterday I made the mini coop ready as a nestbox. The layings nests need a new lid. And later it will be the new private bedroom of the for Tintin when he starts to roost.

Black thought it was a perfect spot to lay her tiny egg today.
IMG_4827.jpeg

The one on the left is a normal Dutch egg. Black laid the right one. The coins are €0,20 .
IMG_4829.jpeg

The chickens were in the garden whole day (day off in between Ascension Day and the weekend) untill they went to the neighbours garden 😠.

Grabbed Katrientje and Kraai and licked them in the run. The others followed with some scratch and their evening meal.

She still laid a few eggs this spring. So maybe next year if she really stopped laying …

Thank you all for the congrats. I gave Ini mini lots of extra treats today. Banana and organic bread with seeds bc it fell on the ground and Ini mini was the first one around. A few tiny pieces crust of a local farmers cheese, and a strawberry.

Yesterday I made the mini coop ready as a nestbox. The layings nests need a new lid. And later it will be the new private bedroom of the for Tintin when he starts to roost.

Black thought it was a perfect spot to lay her tiny egg today. View attachment 3827556
The one on the left is a normal Dutch egg. Black laid the right one. The coins are €0,20 .
View attachment 3827557

The chickens were in the garden whole day (day off in between Ascension Day and the weekend) untill they went to the neighbours garden 😠.

Grabbed Katrientje and Kraai and licked them in the run. The others followed with some scratch and their evening meal.
I missed Ini mini's birthday! Please give her another treat for me today. She is such an incredible grandma 🥰🍸🍾.
She shares her birthday with my dad ! In human years he is probably just a bit younger than her 😁.

I just ordered a Chickencozy auto door for my mini coop for Tintin, my bantam chick (cockerel). He should stay in this tiny coop in the morning to avoid that he is going to make too much noise in the neighbourhood before 8.30 on weekdays and 9.30 in the weekends.

Hope this auto chicken door wil convert the tiny coop into a or no/soft crow rooster coop, and makes it possible to keep Tintin.

The reviews are promising. And it was in the top 5 on a Belgium site who tested lots of auto-doors. This Chickencozy is the only that fits on my tiny coop. ⬇️

1715525726076.jpeg

Mother Katrientje laid an egg today and stopped mothering. Pearl is still a good mother and sleeps with Tintin in one of the laying nests of the small coop. I expect her to quite too within a couple of weeks.

IMG_4841.jpeg

Today I made a new lid on the small coops laying nests. This flimsy prefab is 12-13 yo now and still surviving with all its upgrades over the past 9 years.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom