7 week old EE

In my opinion they all look like pullets, and I'm thinking maybe California White for the breed. They don't have brown on them, so they're not Amberlinks, and the paint one isn't a White Rock. Did they have any spots on them as chicks?

As chicks they did not have any spots. They had a very faint brownish/dark yellow stripe down their backs and darker floof on their heads. Looking back at video I can only see one set of flight feathers which if they are Amberlinks would make them all pullets. I did come across another article that said Anberlink colors can only be pure white or a combo white/red. Breeds that are part of the Amberlink line include the Rhode Island Red, White Island Red, and White Plymouth Rock. So maybe mine are pure white…bred from a WIR and WPR?

As chicks they did not have any spots. They had a very faint brownish/dark yellow stripe down their backs and darker floof on their heads. Looking back at video I can only see one set of flight feathers which if they are Amberlinks would make them all pullets. I did come across another article that said Anberlink colors can only be pure white or a combo white/red. Breeds that are part of the Amberlink line include the Rhode Island Red, White Island Red, and White Plymouth Rock. So maybe mine are pure white…bred from a WIR and WPR?
I suppose they could be Amberlinks, as, looking at photos, I see some without a lot of brown. One of the parent breeds of an Amberlink has to be a Rhode Island Red though, that’s where the sex-linking comes in. They can’t just be bred from a Rhode Island White and White Plymouth Rock. I’m fairly certain none of them should have black feathers though, so that’s a bit of a mystery.

You’ll know for sure whether they’re Amberlinks or California Whites when they start laying, because Amberlinks lay brown and CWs lay white.

I suppose they could be Amberlinks, as, looking at photos, I see some without a lot of brown. One of the parent breeds of an Amberlink has to be a Rhode Island Red though, that’s where the sex-linking comes in. They can’t just be bred from a Rhode Island White and White Plymouth Rock. I’m fairly certain none of them should have black feathers though, so that’s a bit of a mystery.

You’ll know for sure whether they’re Amberlinks or California Whites when they start laying, because Amberlinks lay brown and CWs lay white.
I thought they said in the OP the spots were just paint?????

“The black spots on its back is just black paint she rubbed on when painting the coop last weekend. The paint and the wattles are the only reason I can tell it apart from the other two.”

I thought they said in the OP the spots were just paint?????

“The black spots on its back is just black paint she rubbed on when painting the coop last weekend. The paint and the wattles are the only reason I can tell it apart from the other two.”
Oh dear goodness me, I skipped that part. 😭😭 I thought the chicken was actually paint, like the color paint, white with some random black feathers. Excuse me while I go drown in my stupidity for a minute. 😂

So all the chickens are pure white. They could be White Rocks then, could be Leghorns, could be California Whites, and could be Amberlinks :D

Oh dear goodness me, I skipped that part. 😭😭 I thought the chicken was actually paint, like the color paint, white with some random black feathers. Excuse me while I go drown in my stupidity for a minute. 😂

So all the chickens are pure white. They could be White Rocks then, could be Leghorns, could be California Whites, and could be Amberlinks :D
It’s okay!!! I was confused too for a second because it seemed like they were saying different now lol

But yes, those are all definitely possibilities

Are they now saying different?
You’re correct….no black feathers…never said anything different…it’s paint. 😂 I’m also thinking that one is not a cockerel. She definitely has the start of wattles and the others don’t, but she’s a bigger girl than the others, too. If she is an Amberlink the cockerels I’ve seen really have a pronounced, red comb at her age. I think she’s just hitting puberty first 😂

You’re correct….no black feathers…never said anything different…it’s paint. 😂 I’m also thinking that one is not a cockerel. She definitely has the start of wattles and the others don’t, but she’s a bigger girl than the others, too. If she is an Amberlink the cockerels I’ve seen really have a pronounced, red comb at her age. I think she’s just hitting puberty first 😂
Ohhhh okay sorry, I wasn’t sure. And that could be!!!

Back
Top Bottom